IMF team in Cairo extends stay for more loan talks - cenbank
CAIRO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Egypt's central bank said on Wednesday a team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Cairo will extend its stay to continue loan talks with the government.
"The IMF mission will remain in Cairo for a few days to continue constructive consultations with the Egyptian authorities regarding the national economic program," the central bank said in an emailed statement.
The IMF's technical team has been in Cairo since Oct. 31 to negotiate a $4.8 billion loan that Egypt asked for to shore up finances hammered by last year's popular uprising.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner