IMF team in Cairo extends stay for more loan talks - cenbank
CAIRO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Egypt's central bank said on Wednesday a team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Cairo will extend its stay to continue loan talks with the government.
"The IMF mission will remain in Cairo for a few days to continue constructive consultations with the Egyptian authorities regarding the national economic program," the central bank said in an emailed statement.
The IMF's technical team has been in Cairo since Oct. 31 to negotiate a $4.8 billion loan that Egypt asked for to shore up finances hammered by last year's popular uprising.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt