Orascom Telecom swings to Q3 profit
CAIRO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Egypt-based Orascom Telecom reported third-quarter net profit attributable to equity holders of $106 million, reversing a net loss of $1.5 million for the same period a year earlier, the firm said in a statement on Wednesday.
Orascom, which is controlled by Russia's Vimpelcom, said profits were mainly driven by foreign exchange gains.
Revenues for the quarter stood at $885 million, the firm said, while earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) stood at $425 million. Total subscribers exceeded 85 million, up 14 percent from a year earlier.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |