Turkey's Isbank Q3 net profit more than doubles, beats f'cast
ISTANBUL Nov 14 (Reuters) - Isbank, Turkey's largest private bank by assets, said on Wednesday third-quarter net profit more than doubled to 685.2 million lira ($379 million), supported by higher net interest income.
Net profit rose from 327.4 million lira in the third quarter of 2011 and beat a forecast in a Reuters poll of 567 million lira.
The bank said net interest income rose to 1.52 billion lira in the quarter from 1.05 billion lira a year earlier, according to an income statement released to the Istanbul Stock Exchange. ($1 = 1.8074 Turkish liras) (Writing by Seda Sezer)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls