Manchester United reports first quarter operating profit
LONDON Nov 14 (Reuters) - Manchester United made a profit from continuing operations of 20.5 million pounds ($32.6 million) in the three months to end-September, the English Premier League soccer club said on Wednesday.
United, English champions a record 19 times, said its debt had fallen to 360 million pounds, down 17 percent from a year ago, following a flotation on the New York Stock Exchange in August.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter