Market Chatter - Corporate finance press digest
Nov 14 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Wednesday:
* Carlyle is to lead a $210 million private equity investment in an African agricultural commodity merchant that is one of the world's largest traders of cashew nuts, the Financial Times reported. The purchase of a minority stake in Export Trading Group will give the Tanzania-based company an enterprise value of more than $1 billion, the report said.
* A consortium including South Korean steelmaker POSCO is seeking to acquire a roughly $1 billion stake in a Canadian iron ore mine operator controlled by ArcelorMittal , South Korean financial publication Money Today reported on Wednesday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients