CANADA STOCKS-TSX falls 1 percent to 2-mth low; Iamgold, fiscal fears weigh
TORONTO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index dropped 1 percent on Wednesday, hurt by a 15-percent drop in Iamgold Corp after it posted results, as well as fiscal fears in Europe and the United States that weighed on investors.
At midmorning, the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 131.23 points, or 1.08 percent, at 12,003.43. Earlier in the session, and the index hit 11,992.38, its lowest since Sept. 5.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics