Fed sells $7.67 bln of shorter-dated Treasuries
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Wednesday sold on the open market $7.67 billion of U.S. Treasuries maturing May through June 2015, the New York Fed said on its website.
Dealers submitted bids for a total of $41.45 billion of Treasuries for the sale, the New York Fed said.
The sale was part of the Fed's "Operation Twist" stimulus program , which extends the maturity of the central bank's Treasuries holdings in a bid to lower mortgage rates and other long-term borrowing costs.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |