Fed OKs Mitsubishi UFJ purchase of Pacific Capital
WASHINGTON Nov 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve said on Wednesday it had approved UnionBanCal Corp's plan to purchase Pacific Capital Bancorp.
UnionBanCal, a unit of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group , said in March that it would buy Pacific Capital for $46 a share. Pacific Capital's stock was trading at $45.88 a share on Wednesday afternoon.
The Fed said its board had approved both the acquisition and the proposed merger of Pacific Capital with UnionBanCal.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe