RPT-Peugeot in talks with India's Tata over alliance -magazine
BERLIN Nov 14 (Reuters) - French car maker PSA Peugeot Citroen is in talks with India's Tata Motors Ltd over a potential alliance, Germany's Manager Magazin reported on Wednesday, citing unnamed company sources.
Peugeot chief executive Philippe Varin is looking for an alternative should cooperation with General Motors and its European Opel division collapse, the magazine said.
GM and Peugeot have halted talks on a deeper tie-up amid misgivings about the French carmaker's worsening finances and government-backed bailout, Reuters reported on Tuesday citing people familiar with the matter.
A Peugeot spokesman wasn't immediately available for comment.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |