Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID Nov 14 (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |