Office supply chain Staples swings to loss
Nov 14 (Reuters) - Staples Inc, the largest U.S. office supply chain, swung to a quarterly loss, hurt by restructuring charges and lower sales in Europe and Australia.
The company posted a net loss of $596.3 million, or 89 cents per share, for the third quarter, compared with a profit of $326.4 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |