Telekom Austria reports stable core profit in Q3
VIENNA Nov 14 (Reuters) - Telekom Austria reported stable core profit for the third quarter on Wednesday as strong landline operations and cost savings compensated for a weak mobile performance in Austria and Bulgaria.
The Austrian firm reported earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of 410 million euros ($521 million) for the quarter to end-September, better than the 379 million average forecast in a Reuters poll of 10 analysts.
Sales slipped 1.6 percent to 1.09 billion euros, worse than the 1.12 billion euros Reuters poll average.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |