Telekom Austria reports stable core profit in Q3
VIENNA Nov 14 (Reuters) - Telekom Austria reported stable core profit for the third quarter on Wednesday as strong landline operations and cost savings compensated for a weak mobile performance in Austria and Bulgaria.
The Austrian firm reported earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of 410 million euros ($521 million) for the quarter to end-September, better than the 379 million average forecast in a Reuters poll of 10 analysts.
Sales slipped 1.6 percent to 1.09 billion euros, worse than the 1.12 billion euros Reuters poll average.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |