Tessera unit to close facility in Tel Aviv, cut jobs
Nov 14 (Reuters) - Chip technology developer Tessera Technologies Inc said its subsidiary DigitalOptics Corp will shut operations in Tel Aviv and cut some jobs, and that the unit is also seeking a possible sale of its facility in North Carolina.
DigitalOptics plans to reduce its workforce by up to 40 percent, excluding manufacturing operations in Zhuhai, China, Tessera said in a statement.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow