- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Japan to hold general election on Dec 16: lawmaker
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's government and ruling Democrats have decided to hold a general election on December 16, a senior ruling party lawmaker said on Wednesday.
The decision was made hours after Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda said he would dissolve the lower house on Friday for a snap election next month, which his party looks certain to lose.
Jun Azumi, acting secretary general of the Democratic Party of Japan, made the comments to reporters after meeting senior government officials.
(Reporting by Sumio Ito; Writing by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this