Israeli general sees "protracted days" of Gaza fighting
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel's aerial assault on the Gaza Strip on Wednesday could draw cross-border Palestinian rocket attacks and stretch into days of fighting, the Israeli military spokesman said.
"The days we face in the south will, in my estimation, prove protracted," Brigadier-General Yoav Mordechai told Channel 2 TV after Israeli air strikes killed the military chief of Gaza's Hamas government. "The homefront must brace itself resiliently."
(Created by Crispian Balmer)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow