Qantas shares jump on buyback, early debt repayment
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Shares in Qantas Airways Ltd (QAN.AX) rose 6 percent in a weak wider market on Thursday after the national carrier said it would buy back up to A$100 million ($103.85 million) in shares and repay debt early in an effort to improve shareholder returns.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions