Qantas shares jump on buyback, early debt repayment
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Shares in Qantas Airways Ltd (QAN.AX) rose 6 percent in a weak wider market on Thursday after the national carrier said it would buy back up to A$100 million ($103.85 million) in shares and repay debt early in an effort to improve shareholder returns.
(Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image