Sharp shares jump 10 percent on report of Intel, Qualcomm investment
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares of Sharp Corp (6753.T) jumped 10 percent on Wednesday after Jiji news agency said Intel Corp (INTC.O) and Qualcomm Inc (QCOM.O) are in talks to jointly invest up to 24 billion yen ($302 million) in the struggling Japanese firm.
Other media reports, also based on anonymous sources, said Intel was in final talks to invest between 30 billion yen and 40 billion yen in Sharp.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |