Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |