Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |