Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |