Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |