Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |