Spanish police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Madrid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of protesters at Cibeles Square in central Madrid on Wednesday as millions of workers went on strike across Europe in protest against spending cuts in a deep economic recession, witnesses said.
More than 70 people have been arrested so far in Wednesday's protest action in Spain.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76