Obama: tax hikes on middle class could lead to another recession
WASHINGTON Nov 14 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Wednesday a tax hike on the middle class could result in slowing retail sales for the holidays, and could affect business planning and hiring.
"We could go back into recession. It would be a bad thing," Obama said, describing a scenario where lawmakers fail to agree on the tax and spending issues associated with the "fiscal cliff" by year-end deadlines.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data