Ahold results below expectations with higher Dutch costs
BRUSSELS Nov 15 (Reuters) - Dutch supermarket chain Ahold posted weaker-than-expected operating results, due to a difficult market environment in the United States and higher costs in the Netherlands, the group said on Thursday.
Operating profit in the third quarter fell 3.7 percent to 289 million euros ($367.85 million), below the 316 million expected in a Reuters poll of nine analysts.
The group said it remained cautious about the rest of the year and expected market conditions to continue to be difficult. ($1 = 0.7856 euros) (Reporting By Robert-Jan Bartunek)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea