Canadian Solar revenue falls on weak prices
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Solar products maker Canadian Solar Inc reported a 35 percent fall in third-quarter revenue due to a steep decline in prices of panels that convert sunlight into electricity.
Net loss slightly dipped to $43.7 million, or $1.01 per share, from $43.9 million, or $1.02 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue at the Guelph, Ontario-based company, most of whose manufacturing operations are in China, fell to $326 million.
The United States last week gave final approval to duties on billions of dollars of solar equipment imports from China, compounding problems for companies such as Canadian Solar.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes