China's Xi says reform, opening will continue
BEIJING Nov 15 (Reuters) - China must continue reforming and opening up, the ruling Communist Party's new leader, Xi Jinping, said on Thursday after the party named him as party chief in a long-awaited leadership transition.
Xi said the party faced many challenges, including corruption and being out of touch with the people.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt