China's Xi says reform, opening will continue
BEIJING Nov 15 (Reuters) - China must continue reforming and opening up, the ruling Communist Party's new leader, Xi Jinping, said on Thursday after the party named him as party chief in a long-awaited leadership transition.
Xi said the party faced many challenges, including corruption and being out of touch with the people.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |