French banking reform to curb own trading -finmin
PARIS Nov 15 (Reuters) - France's upcoming banking reform will severely curb banks' proprietary trading activities while avoiding moves that might restrict the flow of credit to the economy, Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici said on Thursday.
"I want this reform to profoundly change the sector," Moscovici told a conference. "It will separate speculative activities from those that are useful for the economy."
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip