OUE bids S$13.1 bln for Singapore's F&N, tops Thai offer
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Overseas Union Enterprise Ltd launched on Thursday a S$13.1 billion ($10.71 billion) offer for Singapore property and drinks conglomerate Fraser and Neave Ltd , trumping a bid from Thailand's third-richest man.
OUE, a hotel and property firm controlled by Indonesia's Lippo Group, said it would pay S$9.08 for each F&N share, bettering the Thai's S$8.88 per share offer. ($1 = 1.2227 Singapore dollars) (Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy