Zynga Uncovers a New Gem With Multi-Platform Play in Ruby Blast
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world's leading provider of social game services, today announced the global multi-platform launch of Ruby Blast for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, bringing to mobile a fast, fun and accessible play experience that millions have already enjoyed on web. Ruby Blast marks the latest Zynga game to offer a connected, multi-platform experience, building on Zynga Poker and Words With Friends, and is the first Zynga Arcade title to launch on iOS. In addition to Ruby Blast, Zynga will soon release Bubble Safari on mobile devices, building on its goal to create new categories of play that are accessible on multiple platforms.
"Ruby Blast is an exciting development for Zynga as we expand our popular arcade genre to mobile and offer players social, fast-paced, and competitive play wherever they are," said Roy Sehgal, VP of games, Zynga. "In less than a year, more than 58 million monthly active users are playing Zynga arcade games, and we're actively working to make these great web experiences available on mobile. Arcade games provide great mobile experiences, and Zynga's multi-platform approach focuses on accessibility – letting players pick up and play with (or against) their friends no matter the device or platform."
In Ruby Blast players join protagonist Ruby on her journey around the world to recover ancient artifacts buried deep within cavernous mines. A fast-paced, match-3 puzzle game, Ruby Blast invites players to smash through bedrock by matching gems, activating power-ups and competing with friends and fellow players in tournaments.
Ruby Blast on mobile maintains players' favorite features including:
- Tournament Mode: Like Weekly Tournaments in the web game, mobile players compete head to head with friends for the top of the leaderboard and aide each other's progress.
- Power-ups: Over the top power-ups like Nova Flare, Cherry Bomb and Bomb gems help players clear the board for faster progression.
- Rubies, Emeralds and Sapphires: All gems, including rubies, super rubies, emeralds and sapphires sync between Web and mobile, along with coins, level progress and in-game currency.
In addition to the arrival of Ruby Blast on iOS, the popular web version of Ruby Blast Adventures also recently saw new updates, including:
- Adventure Mode: Players can now progress across a series of globe-trotting levels to uncover coins, hidden artifacts and other prizes and rewards.
- Global competition: Players can compete against everyone in the game for the top prize in world competition.
- Game for Good: In partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme, Zynga.org recently kicked off a charitable campaign in Ruby Blast Adventures where players could contribute directly to helping feed the hungry by purchasing in-game items. The effort helped provide nearly 10,000 families with a day's supply of vital necessities like rice, beans and oil.
Ruby Blast mobile was developed by the Zynga China team and is a true collaboration of global teams across Zynga. Ruby Blast is available in 13 languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Korean, Chinese, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and Japanese. In addition to Ruby Blast Adventures on web, Zynga arcade games include Bubble Safari and Zynga Slingo.
Ruby Blast is available today from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore. The game will be available soon on Android. Ruby Blast Adventures is available at https://zynga.com/play/rubyblast.
Game logo and images can be found here: https://zynga.box.com/s/e2vaar8dabw3mwb8u61k
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. is the world's leading provider of social game services with approximately 311 million monthly active users playing its games, which include Bubble Safari, ChefVille, CityVille, Draw Something, FarmVille2, Gems With Friends, Ruby Blast, Scramble With Friends, Words With Friends, and Zynga Poker. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Zynga Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=11743
This release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, the release of Bubble Safari on mobile platforms, the success of Ruby Blast on mobile platforms, Zynga players' experience playing Ruby Blast on mobile platforms and Zynga's future operational plans for its business. The success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks. Actual results could differ materially from those predicted or implied. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, among other things, changes in player interests and our relationship and/or agreements with iOS and Android platform providers. More information about the risks Zynga faces is included in the quarterly and annual reports filed with the SEC, copies of which may be obtained at http://investor.zynga.com or the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this release. Zynga assumes no obligation to update such statements.
CONTACT: Bryan Pope 917-991-7728 email@example.com
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |