UPDATE 1-Market Chatter - Corporate finance press digest
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* News Corp is closing in on a deal to buy a minority stake in New York regional sports network YES, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing three people with knowledge of the negotiations.
* Chrysler Group LLC, a unit of Fiat SpA , is in talks with Spain's Banco Santander SA to make the bank's U.S. unit its preferred lender, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* The chief executive of bankrupt AMR Corp, parent of American Airlines, told creditors that a merger with US Airways Group Inc would need to result in creditors receiving a large share of equity in a combined airline for a deal to proceed, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |