Yen extends losses versus dollar and euro
LONDON Nov 15 (Reuters) - The dollar and euro extended gains to rise more than 1 percent against the yen on Thursday as expectations of more aggressive monetary easing from Japan in future weighed broadly on the Japanese currency.
The dollar rose to a fresh 6-1/2 month high of 81.17 yen on trading platform EBS, taking out reported stop loss orders at 81.05 yen. Traders said there was talk of an options barrier at 81.50 yen.
The euro climbed 1.3 percent on the day to a near two-week high of 103.53 yen.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South