Nikkei rises as weaker yen supports exporters
TOKYO, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei rose in early trade on Thursday as a weaker yen boosted exporters, offsetting concerns about the prospect of protracted negotiations to resolve fiscal gridlock in the United States. The Nikkei gained 0.4 percent to 8,697.21, while the broader Topix also added 0.4 percent to 725.24.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone