Fertilizer maker Migao posts loss on weak demand
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Chinese fertilizer maker Migao Corp reported a second-quarter loss due to weaker demand for its products and lower selling prices.
Toronto-listed Migao posted second-quarter net loss of C$8.1 million, or 15 Canadian cents per share, compared with a profit of C$6 million, or 11 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales plunged 82 percent to C$11.7 million.
The company warned last month that weaker demand for fertilizer in China during the summer would weigh on its results.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |