Fertilizer maker Migao posts loss on weak demand
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Chinese fertilizer maker Migao Corp reported a second-quarter loss due to weaker demand for its products and lower selling prices.
Toronto-listed Migao posted second-quarter net loss of C$8.1 million, or 15 Canadian cents per share, compared with a profit of C$6 million, or 11 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales plunged 82 percent to C$11.7 million.
The company warned last month that weaker demand for fertilizer in China during the summer would weigh on its results.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park