Reckitt Benckiser tops Bayer's offer for Schiff Nutrition
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc said it will begin a tender offer to buy U.S. vitamins maker Schiff Nutrition International Inc rivaling a bid from German drug giant Bayer.
Schiff agreed to be bought out by Bayer for $34.00 per share in late October.
Reckitt's offer of $42.00 per share represents a premium of nearly 24 percent to Schiff's shares close on Thursday. The company plans to start its tender offer from Nov. 16.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |