Sears posts smaller-than-expected quarterly loss
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss as it managed costs and maintained a leaner inventory.
Sears' third-quarter net loss from continued operations widened to $498 million, or $4.70 per share, from $410 million, or $3.85 a share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the loss was $1.99 per share.
Analysts on average had expected a loss of $2.18 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales fell 6 percent to $8.86 billion, while analysts expected $8.59 billion.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media