Sears posts smaller-than-expected quarterly loss
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss as it managed costs and maintained a leaner inventory.
Sears' third-quarter net loss from continued operations widened to $498 million, or $4.70 per share, from $410 million, or $3.85 a share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the loss was $1.99 per share.
Analysts on average had expected a loss of $2.18 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales fell 6 percent to $8.86 billion, while analysts expected $8.59 billion.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades