Spain eviction measures to have little impact on mortgage market - Econ Min
MADRID Nov 15 (Reuters) - Spain's Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Thursday that measures to help people in extreme need avoid eviction from their house would have little impact on the country's mortgage market.
"The problem in Spain is not with mortgages but with the credit of real estate promoters," he said after announcing the measures.
He added that mortgage debt was low in Spain and would continue at low levels.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Shelling of Gaza school kills at least 15; toll nears 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC