China's Xi says reform, opening will continue
BEIJING (Reuters) - China must continue reforming and opening up, the ruling Communist Party's new leader, Xi Jinping, said on Thursday after the party named him as party chief in a long-awaited leadership transition.
Xi said the party faced many challenges, including corruption and being out of touch with the people.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits Missouri town for meetings on fatal shooting