Time Warner Cable makes good start to Q4
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Time Warner Cable (TWC.N), the second-largest U.S. cable provider, has made a good start to the fourth quarter in terms of net subscriber additions, its finance director said.
"We are a few weeks into the quarter and we are a little bit ahead of where we were last year," Irene Esteves told a Morgan Stanley investor conference on Thursday.
"But I would caution that it is very early in the quarter and we are talking about very small numbers of net subscribers on a very large base."
Esteves also noted that in the fourth quarter last year, the group enjoyed a strong increase in net additions in December.
"So I would caution about extrapolating from a few weeks of data," she said of the firm, which is the second largest U.S. cable operator. (Reporting by Kate Holton; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor