FERC mulls requiring more natural gas transaction details
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is considering asking for more detailed reporting of deals in the wholesale natural gas market as a way to improve price transparency and detect potential manipulation.
The agency plans to solicit comments on whether to require quarterly reporting of next-day and next-month wholesale natural-gas transactions under the Natural Gas Act.
"Much of the information available to the commission and natural gas market participants is aggregated and therefore does not provide full market visibility or price transparency," FERC said.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source