Spain eviction measures to have little impact on mortgage market - Economy Minister
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Thursday that measures to help people in extreme need avoid eviction from their house would have little impact on the country's mortgage market.
"The problem in Spain is not with mortgages but with the credit of real estate promoters," he said after announcing the measures.
He added that mortgage debt was low in Spain and would continue at low levels.
(Reporting by Jesus Aguado; writing by Nigel Davies)
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media