- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Shares edge up, dollar steady as markets await Fed
Viacom posts quarterly profit despite weak film sales
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Viacom Inc on Thursday reported a decline in quarterly revenue on a sharp drop in movie box office sales, but its profit rose.
Viacom, the parent of cable networks MTV and Nickelodeon and movie studio Paramount Pictures, said net income for the fourth quarter ended in September was $643 million, or $1.24 per share, up from $576 million, or $1.00 per share.
Revenue fell 17 percent to $3.36 billion. Analysts expected revenue of $3.4 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this