Wal-Mart posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc posted a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by strong sales of back-to-school merchandise in the United States.
The world's largest retailer said it had earned $1.08 per share in the third quarter ended Oct. 31, up from 97 cents per share a year earlier.
- Malaysian airplane investigators look at suicide as possible motive |
- Planning could hold key to disappearance of Flight MH370 |
- U.S., EU set sanctions as Putin recognizes Crimea "sovereignty" |
- Magnitude 4.4 earthquake rocks Los Angeles area
- Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs