Wal-Mart posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 15 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc posted a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by strong sales of back-to-school merchandise in the United States.
The world's largest retailer said it had earned $1.08 per share in the third quarter ended Oct. 31, up from 97 cents per share a year earlier.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks