Zurich Insurance Q3 net profit misses poll
ZURICH Nov 15 (Reuters) - Zurich Insurance Group saw its net profit fall 62 percent in the third quarter, falling short of expectations.
Net profit for the firm amounted to $477 million, compared with $756 million forecasted in a Reuters poll of analysts.
Zurich took a $550 million hit to profit after a review showed its German arm had not set enough money aside to cover claims made years after policies expired, as it announced last month. (Reporting by Catherine Bosley)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote