Zurich Insurance Q3 net profit misses poll
ZURICH Nov 15 (Reuters) - Zurich Insurance Group saw its net profit fall 62 percent in the third quarter, falling short of expectations.
Net profit for the firm amounted to $477 million, compared with $756 million forecasted in a Reuters poll of analysts.
Zurich took a $550 million hit to profit after a review showed its German arm had not set enough money aside to cover claims made years after policies expired, as it announced last month. (Reporting by Catherine Bosley)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints