Zurich Insurance Q3 net profit misses poll
ZURICH Nov 15 (Reuters) - Zurich Insurance Group saw its net profit fall 62 percent in the third quarter, falling short of expectations.
Net profit for the firm amounted to $477 million, compared with $756 million forecasted in a Reuters poll of analysts.
Zurich took a $550 million hit to profit after a review showed its German arm had not set enough money aside to cover claims made years after policies expired, as it announced last month. (Reporting by Catherine Bosley)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |