Allergan to pay $350 mln for SkinMedica skin products company
Nov 16 (Reuters) - Allergan Inc, maker of anti-wrinkle drug Botox, on Friday said it would pay $350 million to acquire privately held SkinMedica Inc and its array of topical products to improve the appearance of the skin.
Allergan, whose facial aesthetics business includes the widely used Juvederm facial filler, said it intends to complete the purchase this year and operate SkinMedica as a separate business.
SkinMedica sells both prescription and non-prescription products.
Allergan said it would also pay SkinMedica an additional $25 million contingent on the acquired products hitting sales targets. The deal does not include SkinMedica's Colorescience aesthetic make-up line, Allergan said.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash