Allergan to pay $350 mln for SkinMedica skin products company
Nov 16 (Reuters) - Allergan Inc, maker of anti-wrinkle drug Botox, on Friday said it would pay $350 million to acquire privately held SkinMedica Inc and its array of topical products to improve the appearance of the skin.
Allergan, whose facial aesthetics business includes the widely used Juvederm facial filler, said it intends to complete the purchase this year and operate SkinMedica as a separate business.
SkinMedica sells both prescription and non-prescription products.
Allergan said it would also pay SkinMedica an additional $25 million contingent on the acquired products hitting sales targets. The deal does not include SkinMedica's Colorescience aesthetic make-up line, Allergan said.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |