US sues eBay, citing will-not-recruit agreement with Intuit
WASHINGTON Nov 16 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Friday sued online retailer eBay Inc over what it called an illegal agreement with Intuit Inc not to recruit Intuit's employees, according to a department news release.
The agreement eliminated competition for workers, depriving them of access to better job opportunities, the department said.
Meg Whitman, then eBay's CEO, and Scott Cook, Intuit's founder, were intimately involved in forming and enforcing the agreement, the department said.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt