US sues eBay, citing will-not-recruit agreement with Intuit
WASHINGTON Nov 16 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department on Friday sued online retailer eBay Inc over what it called an illegal agreement with Intuit Inc not to recruit Intuit's employees, according to a department news release.
The agreement eliminated competition for workers, depriving them of access to better job opportunities, the department said.
Meg Whitman, then eBay's CEO, and Scott Cook, Intuit's founder, were intimately involved in forming and enforcing the agreement, the department said.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study