Astral Media shares halted pending announcement
Nov 16 (Reuters) - Shares of Astral Media Inc were halted by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada on Friday, pending an announcement from the company.
The halt followed a newspaper report earlier in the day that Astral and its suitor BCE Inc, are poised to announce a new takeover deal that seeks to overcome regulatory opposition with a plan to auction off a number of Astral's English broadcast assets.
Spokesmen for the two companies declined to comment.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies