Astral Media shares halted pending announcement
Nov 16 (Reuters) - Shares of Astral Media Inc were halted by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada on Friday, pending an announcement from the company.
The halt followed a newspaper report earlier in the day that Astral and its suitor BCE Inc, are poised to announce a new takeover deal that seeks to overcome regulatory opposition with a plan to auction off a number of Astral's English broadcast assets.
Spokesmen for the two companies declined to comment.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |