Iraq would favour CNPC and Lukoil bids for W. Qurna 1 -ministry
BAGHDAD Nov 16 (Reuters) - Iraq has informed Russia's LUKOIL and China's CNPC it would favour their bids if they decided to buy Exxon Mobil's stake in the West Qurna-1 oilfield, oil ministry sources said .
"During two separate meetings with executives from CNPC and LUKOIL, Iraq informed the companies that it favours their contribution to purchase Exxon's share in West Qurna-1 oilfield," a senior Iraqi oil ministry official told Reuters.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine